Isaiah 45:13. “I have raised him up inGod righteousness, and I will direct all his ways; he shall build My city, and he shall let go My captives, not for price nor reward, saith the Lord of hosts.”
God assigned Cyrus to be the instrument who would free Israel from captivity. In this verse, God says five things He has designated for Cyrus:
- God raised Cyrus up in righteousness
- God would direct his ways
- Cyrus would build Jerusalem
- Cyrus would free the Israelites from captivity in Babylon
- Cyrus would not demand ransom; Israel would be free to return, with no money changing hands.
This prophecy was made 150 years before the birth of Cyrus, and has been fulfilled in every detail.