Isaiah 32:16-20. “Then judgment shall dwell in the wilderness, and righteousness remain in the fruitful field. And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever. And My people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places; When it shall hail, coming down on the forest, and the city shall be low in a low place. Blessed are ye that sow beside all waters, that send forth thither the feet of the ox and the ass.”
Then: When the Spirit is poured out upon Israel from on high, and the land is fully restored to fruitfulness.
There are eight specific blessings mentioned:
- Judgment will dwell in the wilderness
- Righteousness will remain in the fruitful firld
- The work of righteousness will be peace
- The effect of righteousness will be quietness and assurance forever
- My people will dwell in a peaceable habitation
- In sure dwellings
- In quiet resting places
- My people will be blessed with security and prosperity
The last two verses in this passage speak of the defeat and overthrow of enemies when Jerusalem is brought low at Armageddon (v. 19; Zech. 14); the Jews will be delivered and made secure after this (v. 20).