Isaiah 24:9-12. “They shall not drink wine with a song; strong drink shall be bitter to them that drink it. The city of confusion is broken down: every house is shut up, that no man may come in. There is a crying for wine in the streets: all joy is darkened, the mirth of the land is gone. In the city is left desolation, and the gate is smitten with destruction.”
This is a very bleak picture of the future for those who survive God’s destruction of the earth. Most of them will probably wish they had not survived it at all. Here are the rest of the curses that will fall on their heads:
11. Wine will not be cause for singing
12. Alcoholic drinks will be bitter
13. The city is broken down and filled with confusion
14. Every home will be barred for security
15. People will not enter into the homes of anyone else–no more visiting
16. People will be lamenting the lack of wine
17. The light of joy will become dark
18. There will be no mirth in the land.
19. The city will be desolate
20. The city gate will not be secure
In spite of all this misery, there is hope! Stay with me. There are wonderful things to anticipate in spite of all this gloom!