Isaiah 24:6-8. ” Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left. The new wine mourneth, the vine languisheth, all the merryhearted do sigh. The mirth of tabrets ceaseth, the noise of that them rejoice endeth, the joy of the harp ceaseth.
This is going to be a truly dreadful time on earth. God’s fury will be unleashed, and very few people will survive. In this and vv. 9-12 there is the prophecy of a 20-fold curse.
1.The curse will devour the earth
2. The survivors are desolate (alone, hopeless, fearful)
3. Earth’s inhabitants are burned
4. Only a few men are left
5. The new wine will be bitter
6. Vineyards will not produce
7. Those who were merry will mourn
8. No more music (a tabret is similar to a tambourine, usually played by women)
9. There will be no rejoicing
10. No more song from the harp
We’ll finish this section tomorrow. It’s a pretty bleak picture.